This text is the third in my three-part AI Showdown sequence, a contest by which I put the highest generative AI chatbots—ChatGPT, Claude, Bing Chat, and Bard—to the check for a content material advertising use case.
Within the first piece, I launched the AI Showdown contenders, protecting how I exploit them, what I see as their weaknesses, and the way you would possibly use every device for content material advertising functions.
Within the second piece, the showdown started. I walked by way of the method of asking ChatGPT, Claude, Bing, and Bard to put in writing a weblog publish on a content material advertising subject.
Trace: I used to be shocked on the end result!
On this article, the ultimate within the sequence, I share the remainder of the showdown, by which I’ve the AI chatbots create social media posts and an electronic mail designed to steer readers to click on in and browse the weblog publish from the AI Showdown, Half 2.
Let’s dive proper in.
Writing social media content material to advertise a weblog publish
On this a part of the experiment, I requested the chatbots to create social media posts.
I didn’t need them to lose sight of the directions from earlier conversations, so I prefaced my request for the posts with this textual content:
Are you able to now write the social media posts to drive individuals to this weblog publish? I need one publish every for LinkedIn, Twitter, Fb, and Instagram. Advocate photos and incorporate hashtags and emojis the place applicable.
Let’s see how every chatbot carried out.
ChatGPT’s social posts
At first, ChatGPT supplied me with CSS and different types of code for the social media posts.
That’s not what I needed, so I requested it to rewrite with out code.
Analyzing ChatGPT’s social posts
In reviewing ChatGPT’s outputs, right here’s what I discovered:
- The hashtags #innovation and #management don’t match the content material.
- ChatGPT ought to know that we are able to use multiple emoji per publish.
- ChatGPT additionally overpromises within the social posts. As an example, it refers to 10 ingenious concepts, however I noticed no ingenuity.
- The phrase leverage is just too formal and stuffy for social media content material; I exploit it in my writing solely when discussing exerting power with a lever—or the TV show.
General, I gave ChatGPT a passing grade—maybe a B-minus. It’s not an “A” or probably even a “B.” However I might work with the content material, modifying it and enriching it to make it higher.
Now, let’s see how Claude’s social content material turned out.
Claude’s social posts
Claude jumped proper in and supplied its social content material in seconds.
Analyzing Claude’s social media posts
Maybe Claude completed so quick as a result of the content material was sparse. Listed below are my different findings:
- Claude appears to have used Twitter’s character depend for all social platforms, because the posts are brief.
- Emoji utilization is sparse; hashtags are few.
- Claude pulls out the we voice whereas the weblog publish makes use of the I voice.
- All Claude’s graphics solutions contain gentle bulbs; I anticipated extra creativity right here.
Claude dissatisfied me. The mannequin is meant to be extra business-savvy than the others however did not reside as much as its popularity.
Subsequent up—Bing Chat.
Bing Chat’s social posts
Bing Chat blew me away with its weblog publish. Would it not do the identical with its social posts? I used to be keen to seek out out.
Analyzing Bing’s social media posts
I used to be instantly excited by the scale of Bing’s response; it took three screenshots to point out all of it to you. Different findings:
- Apart from its Instagram publish, Bing didn’t use emojis. It additionally didn’t use hashtags.
- The size of Bing’s posts appears proper heading in the right direction, with LinkedIn and Fb permitting for extra content material and Twitter/X requiring simply 280 characters.
- With heat, passionate phrases like, I’d love to listen to from you, Bing’s social posts really feel extra human than the opposite chatbots’ posts. Such ardour additionally makes Bing’s posts really feel like an precise content material creator who cares about their work wrote them, whereas the opposite AIs’ social posts really feel as if a time-strapped assistant who’s simply doing their job did.
- I like the Twitter graphic suggestion for a meme of a person a clean paper with the caption, Me attempting to give you new content material concepts. That picture will resonate with content material creators.
General, I used to be shocked by and proud of Bing’s output. Coming into this experiment, I thought-about Bing to be third on the usefulness hierarchy, with ChatGPT on prime, adopted by Claude after which Bing and Bard. However Bing supplied the perfect weblog publish draft, and it gained once more with its social posts. Would Bing take dwelling the crown? You’ll quickly discover out.
First, although, have a look at Bard’s outcomes.
Bard’s social media posts
Bard has been an underperformer in each method and each experiment. Let’s see if it may well create stable social media content material.
Analyzing Bard’s social media posts
Bard hit one excessive be aware with its social content material as a result of it was the one chatbot to counsel headlines for its social posts. And people headlines are good as a result of they communicate to the advantages readers need—leads and gross sales.
Listed below are my different ideas about Bard’s efficiency:
- Bard used only one emoji—a lightbulb. And it was for Twitter. In my feeds, emojis are extra prevalent on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Fb.
- For Twitter, the physique content material is poor, as is the suggestion so as to add a brief video or GIF because the picture. Extra particulars, please!
- The Fb physique copy leaves a lot to be desired. I am a content material marketer—the target market for the content material—and wouldn’t click on to learn content material promising fundamental tips about easy methods to analysis trade traits and the like.
- Bard didn’t create a carousel publish for Instagram—a missed alternative.
- The physique content material is just too brief total, particularly for LinkedIn, Fb, and Instagram, which permit much more copy than Twitter.
General, Bard did what it’s all the time accomplished for me—fell flat.
Which gen-AI chatbot gained the social media publish showdown?
And the winner of the social media a part of this competitors is… Bing Chat.
Though I anticipated ChatGPT to stroll away with the social media content material trophy, Bing Chat shocked me by popping out on prime, primarily attributable to its capacity to put in writing with ardour, making it sound extra human—or a minimum of extra like this human.
Which instruments adopted?
- Bing Chat, first place
- ChatGPT, second place
- Claude, third place
- Bard, fourth place
Now, let’s see how the chatbots carried out with the ultimate ingredient of the AI Showdown—an electronic mail to drive site visitors to the weblog publish.
Writing an electronic mail to advertise weblog content material
As with the social posts, after I requested the chatbots to put in writing the e-mail, I gave them the identical directions:
Nice! Now, are you able to write the textual content of the e-mail? I’ll ship it to my tribe. The purpose of the e-mail is to drive individuals to the weblog publish.
Let’s have a look at their outputs.
ChatGPT’s electronic mail got here in at 194 phrases, an excellent size for my checklist of busy executives and enterprise homeowners.
Analyzing ChatGPT’s electronic mail
ChatGPT considerably redeemed itself in my eyes as a result of all my suggestions was constructive:
- I just like the curiosity-piquing topic line.
- The primary two paragraphs are what I name “warm-up” textual content. I might take away it with out harming the message.
- “The cursor blinking again mockingly”—a pleasant present of perspective that makes the e-mail really feel as if it got here from a human.
- ChatGPT used bullet factors to tease what’s within the weblog publish, an excellent tactic.
- ChatGPT additionally created an enticing sign-off: “To crafting magical content material experiences”; I would depart that in if I had been sending the e-mail.
Nevertheless, the general electronic mail is meh—common. There’s nothing offensive about it, however nothing nice, both.
Let’s see how Claude did.
Claude’s electronic mail was additionally a short-enough size for busy readers.
Analyzing Claude’s electronic mail
Claude’s electronic mail left me holding a blended bag.
- The topic line—Unlock Content material Ideation—puzzles me. Why ideation? Who speaks that method?
- I just like the salutation—Hey buddies. It’s nice and private however can be much more so if it had been within the intimate singular—Hey, buddy.
- Claude will get to the purpose within the first sentence: I simply revealed a brand new weblog publish I feel you’ll love. (I wouldn’t be so daring as to say love although; like would do it for me.)
- I dislike the important pathways language, which Claude additionally used within the weblog publish.
- Claude did a terrific job of creatively highlighting distinctive the explanation why the reader would possibly wish to learn the publish—to develop considerate evergreen content material, uncover inspiration by way of curation, or inject creativity into your editorial calendar.
- I additionally like how Claude wraps the e-mail by asking the reader to let me know what they suppose and providing to brainstorm content material concepts.
- I don’t like chat quickly as a detailed, although, as a result of it’s unlikely that I’ll be chatting with greater than a handful of individuals from my checklist.
Regardless of a number of negatives, Claude’s electronic mail nonetheless comes out on prime over ChatGPT’s. I want its brevity, creativity, and tone.
Let’s see how Bing Chat carried out.
After Claude’s electronic mail, I questioned if Bing is likely to be about to lose the lead, having gained each the running a blog and social media parts of the AI Showdown.
Additionally, as a result of Bing’s electronic mail is double the phrase depend of ChatGPT’s and Claude’s, I questioned whether or not the additional phrases can be value it.
Analyzing Bing’s electronic mail
Bing’s electronic mail has execs and cons:
- Professional: I like the topic line; it’s clear and concise.
- Professional: The writing model is pleasant and conversational.
- Con: Bing misspoke in saying readers study easy methods to do the bulleted objects; they don’t.
- Professional: The bulleted objects will let readers know whether or not to click on in.
- Con: I’m by no means one to finish a listing with And rather more, exclamation!
- Con: I additionally don’t just like the What are you ready for? language.
- Professional: I like Bing’s closing, To your content material success.
- Professional: Bing invitations readers to reply to the weblog publish and to e book an exploratory name.
To reply my query from earlier, sure. The additional phrases from Bing had been value it. Even so, I nonetheless thought-about Claude within the lead as a result of its electronic mail was shorter and extra personable.
Now, let’s flip our consideration to the ultimate contestant within the remaining competitors of the three-part AI Showdown sequence.
Bard’s electronic mail was the lightest, coming in at 149 phrases. Have been these phrases helpful?
Analyzing Bard’s electronic mail
No, I didn’t deem Bard’s phrases helpful. Right here’s the remainder of my suggestions:
- Bard pulled within the enhance leads and gross sales language from the social posts, which is nice; maybe I’d tweak the topic line so these phrases got here first.
- I don’t like how Bard merely listed all 10 matters as bullet factors; it’d be higher to checklist three or 4 and supply extra element for every as a result of I crave specificity. I discover it’s typically higher to share extra particulars about fewer issues than fewer particulars about extra issues.
- The e-mail doesn’t do an excellent job of promoting the weblog publish, which is smart as a result of Bard’s weblog publish was not value promoting.
Bard, not surprisingly, lived as much as my expectations of coming in final place.
Which generative AI chatbot gained the email-writing problem?
Though Bing and ChatGPT had been nearer rivals than they had been within the blog-post and social-post writing challenges, neither pulled forward of Claude. Claude wins first place this time, for all the explanations I outlined.
- Claude, first place
- Bing, second place
- ChatGPT, third place
- Bard, fourth place
However which AI chatbot gained total? There have been 4 contestants, every performing three duties. Let’s have a look.
Abstract: The winners and losers
On this three-part sequence, I requested ChatGPT, Claude, Bing Chat, and Bard to put in writing a weblog publish, together with social media content material and an electronic mail to drive readers to that publish.
To find out the general outcomes, I assigned factors to every placement. The winner of a person problem would obtain 4 factors. Second place would obtain 3 factors; third, 2 factors; and fourth, 1 level. Then I tabulated the outcomes, which comply with.
Primarily based on the whole factors, the general winner was Bing Chat, with 11 factors. ChatGPT and Claude each tied for 2nd place, with 8 factors. And Bard introduced up the rear with 3 factors.
The outcomes had been a shock, as I hypothesized that ChatGPT would win, adopted by Claude after which Bing Chat. I used to be assured that Bard would are available in final place, which it did.
The takeaways: The best way to use every generative AI device in your content material creation workflow
Primarily based on my experiences, together with the expertise of this AI Showdown, right here’s how one can finest use generative AI chatbots for content material advertising functions.
Use ChatGPT to:
- Generate preliminary drafts and uncooked content material you possibly can refine.
- Present outlines and subject solutions to spark creativity.
- Reply analysis questions to assist inform content material.
- Summarize or increase on info.
- Remodel info into completely different codecs.
Use Claude to:
- Assessment and edit content material drafts to enhance accuracy, readability, and stream.
- Verify information and citations to make sure content material is right.
- Give various wording solutions to enhance tone and elegance.
- Consider whether or not the content material meets targets and pointers.
Use Bing Chat to:
- Analysis the net to seek out knowledge, examples, and quotes to include.
- Combination info from completely different sources.
- Keep on fundamental conversations and reply questions for content material creators.
Use Bard to:
- Faucet Google’s information graph for insightful analysis.
- Generate recent views and angles primarily based on broader connections.
- Determine associated matters and inquiries to cowl for audiences.
The bottom line is combining every system’s strengths to reinforce completely different components of the content material creation course of, from producing concepts to drafting and refining.
And always remember—your human creativity, important considering, and oversight are nonetheless important for high quality outcomes.