The Global Cement and Concrete Association (GCCA) represents the worldwide cement and concrete business, which is answerable for producing essentially the most used man-made substance on earth. GCCA advocates for remodeling concrete right into a sustainable, long-lasting, and sturdy constructing materials to fulfill the rising calls for of the exponentially increasing city inhabitants. In 2021, it launched the business roadmap to internet zero, outlining the levers and pathways to offering the world with internet zero concrete. The GCCA Innovandi Open Challenge 2023 is a singular world accelerator that goals to convey collectively expertise startups and the main cement and concrete firms worldwide to speed up the event of progressive options to attain internet zero, as set out in its roadmap.
Recognizing the essential position of innovation in making a sustainable future, GCCA and its members, who’re world leaders within the cement and concrete business, are dedicated to increasing their innovation ecosystem and collaborating with exterior companions to attain their internet zero mission.
What’s in Retailer for You if You Apply for the GCCA Innovandi Open Problem 2023?
By way of the Innovandi Open Challenge, GCCA seeks to fast-track the event and adoption of applied sciences that help the transition in the direction of a internet zero future. Apply immediately to collaborate with GCCA and make that occur! Chosen startups will achieve distinctive entry to:
- Assist to maneuver from concepts to pilot checks, proof of ideas, prototypes, and enterprise circumstances.
- In depth crops, labs, and analysis services.
- Experience and infrastructure of 40 members worldwide to showcase innovation.
- Steering from the GCCA and its industrial members of nominated lead consultants to assist the startups progress within the industrialization of their expertise.
- Develop new applied sciences and/or outline new enterprise circumstances with one or a number of industrial members.
- Members of the GCCA handle the challenge with every chosen startup and supply sources, help, and training to co-develop the enterprise.
- Excessive visibility within the cement and concrete sector, in addition to gear producers, broader worth chain gamers, buyers, and wider stakeholders.
Constructing on a Profitable Observe Document
The GCCA and its members account for 80% of world cement manufacturing capability. Member firms are dedicated to decreasing and in the end eliminating CO2 emissions in concrete (which at the moment account for round 7% of world emissions), by the implementation of the GCCA’s Concrete Future 2050 Net Zero Roadmap – the primary ‘heavy’ business to set out such an in depth plan.
The launch follows the success of final yr’s first-ever Innovandi Open Problem, which noticed cement firms partnering with six startups, with a powerful deal with carbon seize and utilization tasks. Three of these tasks have already gone to the pilot stage!
Claude Loréa, GCCA Cement Director and Innovation Lead says, “We’ve already seen some exceptional progress from these startups who’ve been working with our members on the primary Innovandi Open Problem, with a number of tasks already within the pilot stage. This yr’s theme, low-carbon concrete, is equally difficult. To succeed, we want merchandise which can be reasonably priced, scalable, and simply adopted. Good luck to all this yr’s candidates. We look ahead to working with these chosen.”
Are You a Good Match to Apply for The GCCA Open Innovation Problem?
GCCA is on the lookout for startups engaged on new supplies or substances for low-carbon concrete. This contains progressive admixtures, SCMs, clinkers, aggregates, and so forth. It needs to be ready-to-use and a direct ingredient to concrete. Different judging standards are as follows:
- How Modern and distinctive is the answer?
- Efficiency akin to conventional concrete
- Decrease carbon footprint than conventional concrete
- Environmental / sustainability evaluation
- Is the expertise to supply Low Carbon Concrete?
- Is it water intensive?
- Is it power intensive?
- Any waste warmth utilization requirement?
- Every other conditions for the method?
Please additionally word, GCCA is NOT on the lookout for:
- Alternate fuels or low-carbon fuels
- Carbon seize, utilization, and storage applied sciences
- Course of or methodology for producing low-carbon concrete
Construction & Timeline of the Open Innovation Problem
After rigorous analysis of all of the entries, GCCA will announce the shortlisted startups. They are going to be invited to pitch in entrance of the GCCA members. Profitable startups will get to accomplice with GCCA members to kind consortia and enter into formal working partnerships.
- Utility Deadline — fifteenth Might 2023
- Announcement of Ultimate Shortlist — thirtieth Might 2023
- Pitch Day — thirtieth June 2023
- Consortium Settlement Conferences — 1st to fifteenth September 2023
- Demo Day (Showcasing the Outcomes of the Consortia) — April 2024
Apply for the GCCA Innovandi Open Problem 2023 in a Few Straightforward Steps
Are you a great match for the problem and able to develop your online business? Nice! Wait no additional and ship all of your entries to [email protected] by fifteenth Might 2023 together with the next particulars to use for the problem:
- Title of your startup:
- Describe your innovation (100-150 phrases):
- Title of applicant and designation:
- Yr of incorporation:
- Stage of your startup (Proof-of-concept/ Pilot / Prototype/ business):
- What’s the Know-how Readiness Degree (TRL) of your expertise? (1 being within the analysis part and 9 being able to launch a business product):
- Do you have already got prospects? (Sure/No)
Sharing is Caring!